Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!



According to my calendar, TODAY is the first day of Spring!  I hope it feels like spring in your area. 

"For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle [turtledove] is heard in our land". 
Song of Solomon 2:11,12

Here in South Georgia we enjoy an early Spring, but it usually doesn't last long - so we don't waste any time starting the celebration!  Some of the azaleas and dogwood trees are blooming but the pecan trees have not started to bud, so we'll probably have another shot of cooler temps at night. 

I don't want to give you the impression I'm any sort of gardener, because I am not.  I hardly know a rake from a shovel!  However, I really love a daffodil.  This flower was also my Grandmother's favorite, but she called them jonquils.   You can read an article HERE that explains how to tell the difference between daffodils and jonquils .  But really, who needs to know the difference to enjoy them?  I like they are trumpet shaped - announcing the change of the season.  But, when the heat of summer comes they begin to fade away.  I miss seeing them, but I know they will come back again next Spring. 

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth;
but the Word of our God
shall stand for ever." 
Isaiah 40:8 


How wonderful that God's Word is not seasonal!  We don't have to wait for His Word according to months on a calendar.  For this reason we can count on His Word to guide and direct our path.  We can be assured God and His Word will forever lead us into all truth ...




May today be the beginning of a joyous Springtime for you!


~Blessings to you, Pamelyn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment